Having good boots are essential for a good riding experience. We all know that you want something that will protect your legs from the stirrups and be comfortable enough to not pinch, don’t we? But how many of us give the same consideration to the best barn boots?
You will spend a lot of time on your feet at the yard – doing general stable maintenance, mucking out, fencing, grooming your horse, painting your barn – so a good pair of boots really is important. They need to be suitable for all weathers too, so where on earth do you find the best barn boots?
What You'll Learn Today
- 1 Best Barn Boots Review
- 1.1 1. Ariat Women’s Barnyard Side Zip Barn Boot Review
- 1.2 2. The Original MuckBoots Scrub Boot Review
- 1.3 3. Slogger’s Women’s Waterproof Rain And Garden Boot Review
- 2 Conclusion
Best Barn Boots Review
We have picked out three of the finest examples for you to get your teeth, er, I mean your feet, into!
|Ariat Women’s Barnyard Barn Boot|
Comfortable, practical boots from a trusted brand.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|TOP PICK: The Original MuckBoots|
Lightweight, comfortable, suitable for all mucky jobs.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Slogger’s Women’s Waterproof Boot|
Inexpensive pair of boots that should last you for years.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
1. Ariat Women’s Barnyard Side Zip Barn Boot Review
These rugged little boots will be your new best friend around the barn. They are comfy, durable and pretty well waterproof, due to their quality construction. They are practical and should last you for years!
- Side zip for ease of putting on – No more struggling to squeeze your feet into boots that might just be that little bit too tight – the side zip means you can just slip them on then zip them up.
- High quality materials used in construction – These boots are 100% imported leather, meaning that they are water resistant and strong enough to cope with the daily struggles of barn work. Leather is a very long-lasting material, so these boot should have a great shelf life.
- Protective heel and toe caps – As we all know, working around horses can result in some very painful feet, if a whole ton of horse suddenly shifts his weight onto your toe! This boot will keep you protected, both at the front and back of the foot.
- Suitable for riding too – If you fancy hopping in the saddle but you have forgotten your boots, these yard boots will do just as well, due to their spur ledge and padded collar.
- Sizes run quite large –It has been reported that these boots err on the larger size, and that they may stretch with use, so it is worth buying a half or a full size smaller than usual.
A great pair of boots for yard work and riding alike, these sturdy boots won’t let you down. They are both comfortable and practical, and although they are pricey, they will last.
2. The Original MuckBoots Scrub Boot Review
A fantastic, all weather half boot, this one is designed to keep all rain, puddles and general stable muck away from your feet. They are not as long as full length but taller than short boots, so a happy medium.
- 100% rubber outer construction – Rubber is a fantastically waterproof material, and it has plenty of give too, so your feet and ankles can move comfortably. That being said, there is still plenty of support for your ankles to prevent a trip turning into a sprain.
- Breathable AirMesh lining – Barn boots can end up being a little fragrant, due to our having to be on our feet in them doing strenuous tasks. These boots have a breathable lining, so moisture is wicked away from your foot and unpleasant smells are less likely to be a problem.
- Extremely lightweight and easy to move in – When you are doing heavy jobs like mucking out, the last thing you need is heavy boots slowing you down! Wearing these boots will feel almost as if you aren’t wearing anything on your feet.
- Easy to keep clean – Unlike some boots, there is no sponging or oiling needed – when you’ve finished your jobs, just hose them down! A quick air dry and they’re ready for action again.
- Can develop cracks at the place where the foot bends – Because this is the part of the boot that is most affected by bending, these boots may occasionally crack after heavy use.
A great pair of boots, made by a trusted manufacturer that are lightweight, comfortable and suitable for all your mucky jobs around the barn.
3. Slogger’s Women’s Waterproof Rain And Garden Boot Review
This is a long, Wellington boot-style barn boot, that is designed to keep your feet dry and comfortable no matter what job you are doing. Ideal for the yard, gardening, or just splashing in puddles!
- Heavy duty sole for good traction even in slippery conditions – The strong tread on the soles of these boots will save you from slips and trips around the barn, even if someone’s been hosing out a stable.
- Made from 100% recyclable material – For those who are concerned about the environment, this is a massive selling point. These boots are also vegan friendly!
- “All Day Comfort” insoles – These boots feature some seriously comfortable insoles which are formed for extra comfort. They are 7mm thick at the heel, 5mm at the front, and include support material under the heel.
- Long enough to keep your clothes clean – Long boots are ideal for preventing splashes and stains rising up your legs, and stopping that nasty cold wet feeling at the bottom of your breeches.
- May rub on the calves if worn without socks – Some people have caused themselves sores by wearing these boots directly next to the skin. It is always advisable to wear socks with boots!
This inexpensive pair of boots should last you for years, and the best part about it is that when you are finished with them, the manufacturer will take them back, and grind them up into a new pair of shoes. Recycling at its best!
The best barn boots will help you get about your day to day life in a much more practical and easy fashion. They will help you stay clean, keep you comfortable and safe – and bring a touch of class to your barn!