When the nights draw in and it’s no longer light in the evenings, it’s time to dig out your head torch. Or is it? Surely a better idea is to light the whole barn, so that not only are you not blinding your horse and your yard mates every time you look at them, but it is also much easier and more convenient for everyone.
Lights in the tack room mean that you can make sure you put your saddle back on your own peg, while lights in the feed room means that you can be certain of giving your horse the right supplements and not anyone else’s. And what about your favorite barn coat, do you want to lose it in the dark barn? On top of that, it’s just nice to have a bit of light around the place so you can see!
What You'll Learn Today
- 1 Best Barn Lights Reviews
- 1.1 1. Globe Electric 44165 Sebastien Outdoor Wall Sconce Review
- 1.2 2. Black Gooseneck Barn Light Daylight LED Fixture Review
- 1.3 3. Bobcat LED Area Light Dusk to Dawn Photocell Review
- 2 Conclusion
Best Barn Lights Reviews
Here we have selected three of the best barn lights to brighten up your life:
|Globe Electric 44165|
A super classy addition to any outdoor/ indoor barn space.
|Gooseneck Barn Light Daylight LED|
A strong, long lasting product with vintage look.
|TOP PICK: Bobcat LED Area Light|
An old-style barn light with new, innovative technology.
1. Globe Electric 44165 Sebastien Outdoor Wall Sconce Review
This modern style outdoor lighting set will not only lighten your barn, but also adds a touch of class to your surroundings. They look like indoor house lights, but will shed enough light over your stables for you to be able to see well.
- Quick and easy to install – These light not only come with detailed instructions, but they are very simple to place wherever you need extra light. They also come with all the relevant hardware, so no need to buy any extra bits.
- Dimmable options – They are fully compatible with dimmer switches, meaning that you can turn the lights up or down depending on your needs. Your horse likes a soft glow to go to sleep by? Well, now he can have it!
- Weather proof exterior – This is very important for a barn light. There no telling what the weather may do, but now you can be safe in the knowledge that your lights will stand up to any amount of rain, hail or snow.
- White interior to reflect light – The inside of the light sconces will allow even more light to escape, meaning that your barn area can be lit even more effectively.
- Glass globes need very careful handling – Some users have reported that the included glass globes broke on installation, so bear this in mind and take care when putting them up.
A super classy addition to any outdoor or indoor barn space, these lights will give you lots of extra brightness, as well as looking great!
2. Black Gooseneck Barn Light Daylight LED Fixture Review
This barn light has a fantastic vintage look, coupled with a modern, matt black finish to bring it into the 21st century. You can adjust the brightness too, meaning you can choose the level of light you want.
- Pre-installed dusk to dawn photocell allows automatic turning on – You don’t always have to be present to turn your light on with this clever addition; the photocell will sense when darkness is approaching and will turn on automatically.
- Adjustable swivel to train light where you want it – Looking for a light that will brighten a dark corner where no light can be hung? You’re looking in the right place! This one can be trained in any direction you choose.
- Life rating of over 50,000 hours – This is an incredible amount of time, and means that this fixture will last for around 25 years when being used for 6 hours a day. No need to replace those bulbs in a hurry!
- Strong mounting hardware included – No need to worry that your new light is going to fall off the wall. The mounting equipment is rugged and heavy duty, an should last even longer than the bulb.
- No way to dim the bulb – If you are looking for really bright light, this is the one for you. If you want to be able to turn it down a bit, you may be better off looking elsewhere as this light is not dimmable.
A fantastically strong, long lasting product that does exactly what it says on the tin. It will last and last, and bring light to even the darkest corners of your yard.
3. Bobcat LED Area Light Dusk to Dawn Photocell Review
This is an incredibly bright light, suitable for mounting at the very top of the barn, so it can spread out its light and bring brightness to all the areas you are looking to light.
- Replaceable photocell – The manufacturers have taken on board customer feedback, and have upgraded these lights to allow the photocells to be replaced. As an added bonus, these replacements are free of charge for the first 10 years.
- Easy to install – You can choose to mount this light on a wooden wall, pole or post, using the screws included. Or you can choose to mount it on a 2” diameter elbow mounting arm, which you will have to buy separately.
- Environmentally friendly lighting – The bulbs are eco-friendly LED, and the dusk to dawn photocell will reduce energy consumption by 88% compared to traditional bulbs, especially as it will turn itself off in daylight hours.
- Impressively large coverage – This light offers 150 x 150 feet of light coverage when mounted at 45 feet up. This should light a good area of even the largest barn.
- All LEDs face downwards – This means that the light will only light what is below it, so you need to mount it quite high to get good coverage.
This is an old-style barn light with new, innovative technology to make it more efficient and longer lasting. All in all, a great light for brightening up large areas of your barn.
Good barn lights are as important as a good heater for those long winter nights in your horse barn. The best barn lighting should be long lasting, efficient and, in this day and age, it should also be environmentally friendly. We have shown you three of the best products on the market, and hope that you can find the perfect solution to your lighting issues from the list above.