Keeping your horse in a stable is a necessary thing, especially if your livery yard specifies restricted grazing at certain times of the year. But what do you do in the height of summer, when keeping your horse inside without the benefit of a tree to shade under, or a cooling breeze? You give him a fan, of course!
The best fans for horse stalls will move the air about, preventing stuffiness, and will help to keep your horse cool during hot weather. You may be wondering where you go to find one of these stall fans, so we have made the job easier for you by picking out three of the best so you don’t have to.
What You'll Learn Today
- 1 Best Fans For Horse Stalls
- 1.1 1. Maxx Air HVWM UPS Wall Mount Fan Review
- 1.2 2. Air King 9020 1/6 HP Industrial Grade Wall Mount Fan Review
- 1.3 3. New Air Wall Mount 18” High Velocity Industrial Fan Review
- 2 Conclusion
Best Fans For Horse Stalls
These three fans have made our shortlist:
Horse Stall Fans
|TOP PICK: Maxx Air Wall Mount Fan|
A sleek, sophisticated US made stall fan.
|Air King Industrial Grade Wall Mount Fan|
An efficient 3-speed fan with high quality motor.
|Air Wall Mount Industrial Fan|
A good, efficient fan for a large area with lots of activity.
1. Maxx Air HVWM UPS Wall Mount Fan Review
This is a sleek, sophisticated stall fan that mounts on the wall and can be positioned just about any way you want it to be for the maximum air flow to your stall.
- 2 speeds so you can select how fast you want the air movement – Adjustability is important when choosing the best fans for horse stalls, as some days you may want more air flow than others.
- Fan head tilts 180 degrees – This wide range of movement allows you to point the fan in pretty much any direction you want, so you can direct the air flow to wherever you need it the most.
- Rugged hanging bar – When you’re fitting a fan in a stable, you don’t really want it anywhere near a horse who could chew, kick, or otherwise mess with it. The fact that this fan can be hung high up on its strong hanging bar is a great bonus.
- Safety rated and OSHA compliant – You will want to know that any product you use in your horse’s stall is safe. This one comes with all the relevant safety certificates to put your mind at ease.
- Some users report that the fan arrives damaged – This is not the manufacturer’s fault, obviously, but it is worth keeping an eye on your sender as some have been known to damage the product.
This is a great product for keeping your horse’s stall cool and aerated. It is a product made in the US, so you can be sure of helpful advice should you ever need to contact the manufacturer.
2. Air King 9020 1/6 HP Industrial Grade Wall Mount Fan Review
This efficient 3-speed fan will keep your four legged friend deliciously cool in his stall, and prevent stale stuffiness as the high quality motor will circulate the air.
- 3 speed setting so you can choose how much air you want circulating – Being able to choose whether you want a slow, gentle air movement or a full on blast to cool down a hot stable is a great feature.
- Rear mounted pull cord switch – A very useful feature for something that is going to be mounted in a horse’s stable. There will be no dangling parts, just inviting a horse to chew on them!
- 20 inch powder coated metal blade – The larger blade size will circulate more air more efficiently, and the powder coating means that the blade is more likely to stay in pristine condition for longer.
- Pivoting head to direct airflow – It’s great to have a feature that allows you to change the airflow from one place to a whole range – this stall fan will send cooled air in all directions rather than just in one place.
- Can cause a vibration on the highest setting – The fan may sound pretty loud when used on its highest setting – it’s working really hard!
This is a fantastic stall fan that will help keep your horse comfortable in his stall in hot weather. The components have all been tested and rated to the relevant specifications, so you will have no worries about anything going wrong.
3. New Air Wall Mount 18” High Velocity Industrial Fan Review
A hardworking fan that will bring down the temperature in your stable block so your horses are comfortable. This fan can be mounted, but comes with unique little feet meaning it ideal to be placed in a corner somewhere.
- Wall mounted or free standing – You can choose how you operate this handy fan, whether it be high up or down low – it just depends on your needs.
- Adjustable tilt angle so you can send air where it is most needed – An adjustable tilt on a fan is everything; after all it is useless if it doesn’t point where it’s meant to go! This one can be made to send the cool air wherever you like.
- Strong, durable motor housing – This is a great feature as it stops sawdust, hay fragments or other particles getting into the motor and causing potential hazards such as stable fires.
- Only costs 12 cents a day to run – Cost is, of course, a key factor to consider when buying the best fans for horse stalls. The fact that this one runs so cheap is a massive plus point!
- It’s quite expensive for what it is – It’s a great fan, but it is a little on the expensive side. This may be something to consider if you are working with a budget.
A good, efficient fan that does what it’s meant to and is guaranteed to be safe. This one is a great bet for those dealing with a large area with lots of activity.
Keeping your horse cool and comfortable is something you really have to think about, especially if he is going to be stabled for a long time, or in the heat of the summer months. If a horse cannot move himself about to the nearest tree for shade, or move about in the field to find a little breeze, you’re going to have to help him be cool another way. Investing in a good sunscreen and the best fans for horse stalls can not only give you peace of mind, but can prevent any “bad” behaviour caused by your horse being uncomfortable.