Chances are you have a box of plasters, a tube of antiseptic cream and a painkiller or two lying around at home for when illness or injury strikes your family. You probably know how sensible it is to have the best horse first aid kit on hand too, for when your noble charger gets himself a bump or a scrape.
If your horse is not the type to pick up unexplained injuries and develop infected wounds, then you may not have thought to get a first aid kit, but it really is a useful thing to have in your tack room.
What You'll Learn Today
- 1 Best Horse First Aid Kit Reviews
- 1.1 1. Trailering Equine First Aid Medical Kits (Small) Review
- 1.2 2. Barn Equine First Aid Medical Kit (Medium) Review
- 1.3 3. Complete Equine / Horse Economy First Aid Kit Review
- 2 Conclusion
Best Horse First Aid Kit Reviews
We have picked out three of the best horse first aid kits we could find, so have a browse through the following products to see which one suits you:
First Aid Kits
|TOP PICK: Trailering Equine First Aid Kit|
A great first aid kit with all you’ll need for your horse.
|Barn Equine First Aid Medical Kit|
A complete kit, ideal for those who have lots of horses.
|Horse Economy First Aid Kit|
A good solid first aid kit, containing all the basics.
1. Trailering Equine First Aid Medical Kits (Small) Review
Although this is described as a small kit, it contains just about everything you would need, to offer your horse the basics of first aid if and when the need arose.
- Contains a comprehensive first aid kit for most eventualities – Although it is impossible to predict what first aid you might need in a given situation, it is nice to know that you will have just about every base covered with this useful kit.
- Ideal for travelling with your horse – When you are out and about, it can be frustrating to need something that you know you have in your tack room. With this little kit, you can take just about everything on the road with you (except the kitchen sink!)
- Suitable for one to three horses – The contents of this kit is enough to treat three horses, if all three happen to get injured at once, or for one horse (the advantage being that it will probably last longer if it is used for one horse only.)
- Comes in a sturdy bag with lots of pockets – This kit is supplied in a very handy bag that folds up for easy carrying, and has plenty of space to keep everything stored neatly to hand.
- It’s quite an expensive kit – Although the initial outlay of this kit may seem a bit pricey, think of it as an investment – some elements of it will last for years.
This is a great, well thought out first aid kit that contains just about everything you might need in the event of an accident. It is easily portable, so great for storing in the trailer, and folds up small enough that it won’t take up a lot of space.
2. Barn Equine First Aid Medical Kit (Medium) Review
This kit is ideal for those who have a bit more of a herd, rather than just one horse. It is big enough to provide all the equipment you will need in the case of accidents or emergencies, and it is heavy duty and well made.
- Suitable for up to ten horses – If you have a few horses you may have found yourself buying a few first aid kits at a time, which is not very economical – this kit allows you to treat up to ten with the contents.
- A well organised kit – Provided in a large bag with lots of pockets and elasticated holders, this kit is packed in a way that allows the most amount of stuff taking up the least amount of space. This efficiency means you can put your hand on what you need quickly.
- Clear vinyl pockets for easy visibility – Being able to see what you need to use next is a massive plus, especially if you are in a rush and need to grab something quickly.
- Comes in a sturdy bag – There will be no danger of things dropping out of this bag because it wears out – it is made from strong material that will last and last.
- It’s a big kit to take out and about – Because of the huge amount of equipment it contains, this first aid kit will take up a fair bit of space in your car or trailer.
This kit is ideal for those who have lots of horses, particularly if some of them are accident prone. It will save you money in the long run, as you only need one kit for up to ten horses.
3. Complete Equine / Horse Economy First Aid Kit Review
This is a small yet perfectly formed first aid kit, which is suitable for those on a budget. Despite the economy status, this kit still contains everything you need in an emergency situation.
- Clever design allows this kit to be hung – The double front zipper allows the bag to open upwards, and a swivel hook is revealed so you can easily hang this kit on a peg or a nail.
- It is affordable for most budgets – Price is a factor when buying just about anything, and although we don’t want to skimp when it comes to our horses’ health, sometimes cheaper options are very welcome.
- Plenty of compartments for easy storage – This kit has a great many pockets and elasticated loops, meaning that it is very easy to store things where you can put your hand on them quickly.
- Small and compact for portability – It’s great to have a kit that you can fit into a bag or the foot well of a trailer. This one is small enough that it is ideal for taking out on a trail ride, for example.
- Not as comprehensive as some others – The only frustration with this kit may be that is doesn’t contain as much as some others. However, this is ideal for the horse who is not prone to injury too often.
This is a good solid first aid kit, containing all the basics you might need to administer first aid to your horse in an emergency.
Of course, there is no substitute for veterinary attention if your horse has a serious injury or illness. But for those minor scrapes and cuts, it’s great to have a first aid kit with things such as Vetericyn and Micro-Tek gel, so you can treat him at home without having to call the vet out. You should have no trouble finding the best horse first aid kit from the list above.