Liniment is designed to be applied to the skin, in order to relieve pain or stiffness arising from pulled muscles, strains or arthritis. The liniment can be made of a large variety of different substances, and is usually rubbed onto the horse’s body, as the rubbing action can also warm the muscles and soothe aches and pains. Liniment can also be diluted and sponged onto the body, especially after hard work or during hot weather, as the alcohol in the liniment will evaporate quickly thus cooling the body.
What You'll Learn Today
- 1 Best Horse Liniment Reviews
- 1.1 1. Chapman’s Premium All Natural Horse Liniment Review
- 1.2 2. Sore No More Liniment Bottle Review
- 1.3 3. Horse Health Cool Pack Green Jelly Liniment For Horses 64oz Review
- 2 Conclusion
Best Horse Liniment Reviews
The best horse liniment can be a liquid, a spray, or in patch form, and you can find three of the best listed below.
|Chapman’s Natural Horse Liniment|
A fantastic, all natural product used for years.
|TOP PICK: Sore No More Liniment|
An effective and great value horse liniment.
|Horse Health Cool Pack Green Jelly Liniment|
Works well at soothing strained muscles and joints.
1. Chapman’s Premium All Natural Horse Liniment Review
This fantastic, all natural product is guaranteed to relieve aches and pains and sore muscles, and it has the added bonus of being completely, 100% natural.
- Approved by vets as safe to use during competition – This product, because it contains nothing whatsoever artificial, will be allowed in any discipline in any area of any country.
- Relieves inflammation as well as being a pain relief – Using this liniment will bring down swellings which will help the body heal as well as reducing pain at the same time.
- This product is compatible with homeopathy – If treating a horse’s aches and pains naturally is your thing, then this product is ideal for you as it can safely be used in conjunction with homeopathy and other natural remedies.
- Non greasy and smells good – You won’t have to worry about getting oily stains on your best riding clothes using this one, or smelling unsavoury either.
- It’s more expensive than some others on the market – It’s quite pricey to start with, and the shipping fees are relatively high too. But you pay for quality, right?
This fantastic product has been used on horses for many years, so its reputation should speak for itself. But you should never believe everything you hear, so try it yourself!
2. Sore No More Liniment Bottle Review
An effective liniment which comes in a large bottle so it is great value! It is a cooling and all natural product which is very safe and effective to use.
- Perfect for horses with sensitive skin – Some horses don’t like liniment that “tingles”, which makes this one perfect for them as it is soothing and cooling without any harsh feelings
- Twice voted “Product of the Year” by The Horse Journal – With an accolade like this, how could you not want to try this product? It has been voted best at reducing pain and inflammation by a well known, trusted horse publication, which is a great recommendation for it.
- Pain relief lasts for a long time – Because you don’t need to wash this liniment off after use, it absorbs into the skin and continues relieving pain for a good few hours.
- Can be used before exercise for great results as well as after an injury – Applying this product before hard work can loosen the muscles and ligaments, reducing any possibility of damage to your horse.
- Spray nozzle could be better quality – Some people say that the sprayer doesn’t last too well and that the product is better applied using the hands.
If you are looking for a very good, natural product that does what it says on the tin, look no further! This one will soothe aches and pains and keep your horse feeling comfortable. As an added bonus, if you have any pain in your hands it should ease after applying this to your horse too!
3. Horse Health Cool Pack Green Jelly Liniment For Horses 64oz Review
Don’t be put off by the startling colour; this product really is great at soothing any aches and pains your horse may have, and it’s fantastically easy to apply too.
- A really thick consistency so it easy to apply – Unlike some thinner liniments, this one is thick and gloopy, so you can slap it on with the greatest of ease – and the bright colour means that you can see where you’ve applied it!
- Ideal for soreness after overexertion – This product is great for applying after some serious exercise which may leave your horse feeling sore and achey. The gel will soothe and cool.
- Great for reducing swelling and promoting healing – You can use this liniment on swollen joints and muscles and it will bring down the swelling, thus speeding up the healing process.
- A little goes a long way – The fact that this product comes in a huge tub is already a big plus point, and added to the fact that you don’t have to use very much to get great results means that this one is great value for money.
- Not quite as natural as some other products on the market – This one has more active ingredients but some of those are more on the chemical side than some other liniments, so if you are going down the all-natural side then this may not be the product for you.
This liniment works well at soothing strained muscles and joints and can give a good few hours of pain relief. Plus, the bright colour means you’re very unlikely to lose it in the tack room!
The best horse liniment will soothe aches, sores and pains, reduce swelling and help your horse get back on his feet much more quickly than you might imagine, certainly faster than if you just leave him to get on with it by himself with no intervention. You may want to combine it with various equine wraps or use it alone, it’s really up to you.
Liniments come in a great many shapes and sizes and components, so it is just a case of looking through the products and picking the one that suits you the best, then giving it a try – hopefully you will be as amazed by the results as countless other people before you. Whether you want an all natural product, or you are happy with a chemical or two, the best horse liniment is just out there waiting for you to find it.