So you’ve just bought your new riding jeans, great saddle bags and a really beautiful saddle pad, and you’re wondering what else you need for your new hobby? Have you heard about a helmet camera for horse riding?
Having a helmet camera is great for a couple of reasons. One, the most obvious, is that it’s lovely to be able to film a good ride and watch it back, reliving the exhilaration as you gallop across open countryside and sail over ditches. Another, less savoury reason, is it can come in handy if you were to have a dispute with another road user, say a driver who behaved dangerously and caused an accident.
What You'll Learn Today
- 1 Best Helmet Camera For Horse Riding Reviews
- 1.1 1. Cambox Isi3 – Black & Blue, 16GB Review
- 1.2 2. GoPro Hero HD Waterproof Action Camera Review
- 1.3 3. Contour ROAM3 Waterproof HD Video Camera Review
- 1.4 4. Mobius Action Camera 1080P HD Mini Sports Cam Review
- 2 Conclusion
Best Helmet Camera For Horse Riding Reviews
Whatever your reasons for wanting the best helmet camera for horse riding, you may find that there is far too much choice out there and you don’t know what to go for! We are here to help, with a selection of four of the best riding hat cameras:
|TOP PICK: Cambox Isi3|
An excellent, slimline cam made primarily for equestrians.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|GoPro Hero HD Waterproof Action Camera|
A great, high quality action camera.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Contour ROAM3 Waterproof HD Video Camera|
A more expensive, professional piece of kit.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Mobius Action Camera 1080P HD Mini Sports Cam|
A good, reliable camera for recording long rides.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
1. Cambox Isi3 – Black & Blue, 16GB Review
This is a slimline helmet cam that can really improve the safety of both you and your horse, and allow you to film as you ride. All my friends love it, and I do, too!
- Fixes easily under all helmets – Thanks to its strong Velcro fastening, this helmet cam is simple and easy to fix under just about any helmet, hat or visor that you are using. This keeps your hands free for controlling your horse.
- Easy sharing and transfer of files – You can relive every moment of your ride and share it with family and friends, due to the integrated WiFi antenna in this helmet cam. The free mobile app is supported by IOS and Android.
- Clear, high quality footage – This third generation camera uses 1080p, full HD technology, meaning that each and every breathtaking gallop will be as clear as when you were actually experiencing it.
- 2 year guarantee – There is not much chance of anything going wrong with this sophisticated bit of kit, but you are completely covered if anything untoward does happen within 2 years.
- Can only attach to a helmet – This camera is designed for use on a hat or helmet, so there is no way of attaching it to anything else. But, it’s so convenient to have it on your head, why would you want to!
An excellent helmet cam can help you relive your best rides, as well as capture footage in the (hopefully unlikely) event of an accident. This helmet cam is easy to use, lightweight, and very effective. It’s very popular amongst horse riders because it was designed with equestrians in mind.
2. GoPro Hero HD Waterproof Action Camera Review
- 2 inch touch screen: Quickly switch between modes, frame; The perfect shot and check out your footage on the 2 inch touch screen
- Waterproof + durable built tough and waterproof down to 33 feet (10 meter), Hero goes where your smartphone can't to capture every adventure with no worries
- Voice control: Control your Hero hands free with simple voice commands like “GoPro, start recording” and “GoPro, take a photo ”
- Wi fi + bluetooth: Connect to the GoPro app to control your camera remotely, check out your shots and share your favorite on the spot
- Auto offload to your phone when connected to the GoPro app; Your footage moves to the GoPro app which creates fun, shareable videos for you automatically; built in battery (1220mah lithium ion)
This is a great head camera for recording on-ride action. It works completely hands free, meaning that you can keep your hands on the reins where they belong!
- Highly durable and waterproof – Even if your ride takes you galloping through the waves, you will have no fears for your camera. It can withstand knocks and splashes, and still be in perfect condition at the end.
- Hands free technology – You can tell this camera to do things like take a photo, or start recording, using just your voice. This is ideal for the rider as it means you can concentrate fully on your horse.
- Automatically backs up – Your images and videos move to the app the second they are recorded, so you won’t ever lose footage. Your video of that perfect jump will be recorded for all time!
- High quality footage – With the HD technology, you can be sure of some really good, high quality footage. Recording in 1440P and 1080P means that your images will be sharp and crystal clear.
- Can get overheated – It has been reported that this camera can get a little warm when in constant use.
For a really good, high quality camera that can record your adventures – whether they are in the rain or the sun, the sea or the mountains, the GoPro is a trusted household name that can be relied upon to capture some truly stunning imagery.
3. Contour ROAM3 Waterproof HD Video Camera Review
Another waterproof camera (great for rainy rides or water jumps!) this is a high quality camera that will go with you everywhere. It’s great right out of the box, with no tricky set-up to take away from your riding and viewing pleasure.
- Durable and waterproof – Strong outer casing and waterproof up to 30 feet under water (hopefully you won’t be going this deep!) makes this a great camera for taking out and about on your adventures.
- Single shot and interval photo modes – Different ways of shooting footage makes for a very versatile camera.
- Long battery life – Ideal for recording long rides, the fact that the battery lasts for hours is a definite plus.
- Compatible with many mounts – Using this camera means that you won’t have to buy a separate mount, as it will work just fine with any other Contour mount.
- May be affected by too many bumps – It has been reported that this camera may not handle a particularly bumpy ride, and that it can result in grainy footage.
This is a sleek, professional piece of kit, which can record in different ways depending on which button you press. It has recording functions as well as photographic options, which means that you can take stills as well as video footage.
4. Mobius Action Camera 1080P HD Mini Sports Cam Review
A small yet powerful camera, this one packs a punch. It has no viewing screen, all your footage must be done via a computer or TV screen, and this helps make the battery last longer.
- Fantastically lightweight so no extra weight – The small stature of this camera means it is ideal for long rides as the weight of it is barely noticeable. It weighs just 42.5g, so you will hardly notice it strapped to your helmet.
- Long battery life – With the ability to continuously record for up to 80 minutes, the Mobius is great for long rides.
- Comes with extras – Included with this camera is an attachment sleeve, a Velcro mount and a USB cable for connecting the device to a computer. It also has optional extras that you can purchase too, such as different mounts and tripods.
- High quality filming – Capable of recording in 1080P HD video at 30 frames per second, with the option for 720P at 60 frames per minute for high action shots.
- Many counterfeits on the market – Make sure you get a genuine product, as there are many fakes out there.
This is a good camera for recording long rides, or particularly fast-action shots. It’s simple and easy to use, and robust and durable enough to survive heavy riding. The battery lasts a long time, and it’s easy as anything to use in the saddle, so you won’t have to worry about fiddling with viewfinders while on board.
A good helmet camera can be the best of fun – looking back over the day’s adventures can be interesting and informative, as it can give you tips on how to improve your riding as well as helping you relive your finest moments. It can also help you with safety, and potentially sort out any legal disputes if you happen to get into a traffic accident on the road.
If you want a slimline camera that was designed for equestrians, go for Cambox Isi3. If you are looking for a great fun action camera then opt for the GoPro Hero HD Waterproof Action Camera. If you want serious bit of kit that is capable of stills as well as video, with minimal fuss, then the Contour ROAM3 Waterproof HD Video Camera is for you. The Mobius Action Camera 1080P HD Mini Sports Cam – Standard Edition is ideal for those on long rides who want to capture high quality footage.