Kids and toddlers riding ponies really does have the “Awwww” factor, doesn’t it? It’s lovely to see our little ones getting into riding at an early age, and really enjoying it. However, you must never forget that safety is the most important thing when riding, as even the smallest of ponies can have a fiery streak. Also, kids and toddlers may not have honed their balance and gripping skills as well as an adult, and they can easily slip off even if the pony is stationary – and it’s a long way to the floor for them!
What You'll Learn Today
- 1 Best Riding Helmet For Toddlers And Kids Reviews
- 1.1 1. Equi-Lite Schooling Helmet For Kids Review
- 1.2 2. Troxel Legacy Horseback Riding Helmet Review
- 1.3 3. Ovation Deluxe Toddler Schooler Helmet Review
- 2 Conclusion
Best Riding Helmet For Toddlers And Kids Reviews
You really need to invest in a good riding helmet for kids and toddlers, so we have chosen three of the best products to keep your little ones safe.
|Equi-Lite Schooling Helmet For Kids|
A great, economical riding helmet for your child.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Troxel Legacy Horseback Riding Helmet|
A really lovely little helmet, that most kids will love.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Ovation Deluxe Toddler Schooler Helmet|
A serious looking helmet for your toddler.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
1. Equi-Lite Schooling Helmet For Kids Review
This helmet is perfect for young riders, being lightweight, breathable and easy to adjust in size.
- Meets all relevant safety standards – Buying a riding helmet which is not certified is like buying a car without an engine – it’s simply not fit for purpose. This one has been rigorously tested and meets all federal (ASTM and SEI certified) and European safety standards.
- Built in ventilation to allow the head to breathe – Overheating is never fun, and in small children it can actually be quite dangerous. You won’t have to worry with this helmet, which features 5 cooling vents in the front and 4 at the back, to ensure breathability.
- Easy adjustment sizing – Once you’ve selected the right size helmet using a sizing chart, you can adjust it to suit the individual by simply turning a dial on the back of the helmet.
- Comes in a cool color – Although this is not foremost in your mind as a parent looking to keep your child safe, the color will add to the appeal for your little one!
- Visor may be a little flimsy – There have been reports of the visor snapping, especially if it is used by an energetic child who may drop it!
This is a great, economical riding helmet, that will keep your child protected as well as cool and comfortable.
2. Troxel Legacy Horseback Riding Helmet Review
Any budding cowgirl – or cowboy who likes unicorns – will love this riding helmet. It is a cute design, as well as being incredibly safe and protective.
- Lightweight and very comfortable – When you are looking for a riding hat for a little person, it has to be comfortable or chances are they will refuse to wear it. This one is so light that they may even forget they’re wearing it!
- Adjustable with a handy dial – You should pick the right size helmet using a sizing chart, but if you find it to be just a little too big or small, you can tighten or loosen it with the dial on the back to make the fit perfect.
- Sturdy and made from strong, durable materials – You need a good, strong helmet, and this one ticks all the right boxes. It is very strong and should withstand a lot of abuse (though you must replace any helmet if it has a fall with a rider in it).
- Straps can be tightened and loosened as the head grows – You should be able to keep this helmet for a while, as you can make the straps longer as the little rider grows. The straps can also be shortened for a younger sibling.
- May not be suitable for showing – Some shows, even those for little ones, have strict rules about what can be worn on the head, and the pretty design may not be suitable. However, you can just pop a velvet cover over it!
This is a really lovely little helmet, that most kids will love. It is safety rated with the best of them, which is exactly what you want when looking for safety gear fro your precious little ones.
3. Ovation Deluxe Toddler Schooler Helmet Review
This is a serious looking helmet, with a rubberized finish in matt black. It will keep little heads safe as well as comfortable.
- Safety certified – The most important thing when shopping for a riding helmet is the safety rating. This one highly rated, and conforms to European EN 1384 standards.
- Keeps the head cool even on hot days – This helmet has high flow vents which make it breathable, making sure that the little rider stays cool and comfortable, with a head that is able to breathe.
- Lightweight and low profile – When you need to encourage your little one to wear a safety helmet, having one that isn’t too cumbersome is essential. This helmet is strong yet light enough to be comfortable.
- Removable washable liner – No matter how many air vents there are, chances are heads will get a bit sweaty, especially on a long, hard ride. The fact that you can remove this liner and wash it is a massive plus!
- Chin strap pad may slip off – This is an issue if you need to tighten the strap a lot for a small head. You may find that there is not enough strap for the Velcro to catch on.
This helmet looks very professional, and it gives wonderful peace of mind for any parent as they watch their little one ride off into the sunset.
Safety is the most important thing when riding, and it is just as important (if not more so) for little ones learning to ride. They may have a tendency to fall off more, and their brains are still developing, so they need a really good safety helmet to keep their most vital asset protected. Have a look into the best riding helmet for toddlers and kids, and protect your greatest treasures from any harm. We can’t guarantee that their ponies won’t tread on their toes though!