Do you have a horse with skin problems which are irritating but not bad enough to call the vet for? Are you at a bit of a loss to know how to help him? EQyss Micro-Tek gel may be the answer to your prayers! It is a soothing gel designed to help with all types of skin problems, from itches to wounds, and it is highly effective at stopping itching and rubbing. It will also remove the potential for infections that come with these issues, by healing the skin and preventing further rubbing. Read our Tek Micro review.
What You'll Learn Today
Tek Micro Review
What Am I Buying?
We’ve been using this product by trusted name EQyss for past few months, so we can confirm – this is a fantastic gel that is specially formulated to help soothe irritated and itching skin. It has a non irritating formula, so you can even use it on raw skin and open wounds.
It contains no steroids, unlike many skin creams, which is ideal for the majority of horse owners who would like to avoid steroids because of the potential for adverse reactions. It is even safe to use on the genital areas, as it is free from alcohol, petroleum based products and harsh detergents so it won’t cause problems to delicate skin.
It will not only soothe existing itches, but also prevent them from spreading as it will help prevent your horse from scratching and rubbing, which increases the problem of itchy skin.
How Easy Is It To Use?
This product is great for horses who don’t like to be sprayed, and who run a mile at the sight of a spray applicator (I have one of these; I know how frustrating it is to be chasing them around the field with a product that you know will help them – if only you could get it on them!)
All you need to do is apply the gel directly onto the affected area, using a cloth or sponge or even your hand (it is non irritating for humans too). You won’t have any issues with applying it to your horse’s skin, as it is so gentle that he will barely notice it being applied.
Included with this gel are some useful instructions to tell you how to use and apply it, along with a leaflet with all the ingredients so you can check they will be safe for your horse (there’s no need to check however; they’re all natural and non harmful). You can also request a manufacturer’s warranty from customer service, should you require it.
Pros & Cons Of EQyss Micro-Tek Gel
- Good for the winter when it’s too cold to spray – Even if you have a horse who doesn’t mind a spray bottle, sometimes it’s just too cold and spraying them feels cruel.
- Useful for cuts and scrapes as well as itching – You can safely apply this product to small wounds and know that it will help the healing.
- Human grade ingredients – You know this product is safe to use on your horse when you could safely apply it to yourself.
- PH balanced – The skin is a delicate organ, despite being so large, and anything applied to it must be suitable for the skin’s natural PH.
- Best used with the brand’s shampoo – Although this is a stand alone product, you are advised to use EQyss shampoo before you apply, which adds pennies onto the overall cost.
- Quite a strong scent – Some horses wrinkle their noses at the floral smell of this product.
This is a really good product for those with chronically itchy skin. It is safe to use long term, as it contains no nasties whatsoever, so you shouldn’t even have to worry about your horse’s field mates licking it off (though this should really be discouraged where possible – the gel needs to stay in place to be effective.)
If you are at your wits end with your horse’s itching, rubbing and sore skin, or if you have just discovered a new rubbed spot, a bit of this gel could work wonders. All you need to do is apply it frequently and regularly, and you should notice a big difference.
Some people don’t like the frequency with which you have to apply it, but as with most things you have to give it a while to work – there are very few cures which are instant.
Where To Buy?
- Amazon: >> Click here to check the price